…And after a few weeks I managed to do my «first» web app, which actually does the following using Altec’s Atlantis tables:
* Connects to an Oracle Database (next step is to connect to an SQL SERVER db)
* Searches for customers using code, name, occupation category, geographical category or salesman
* Shows customer’s data
* By using AJAX shows financial data of the selected customer for specific year
* Searched for items using code, name, or category
* Shows item’s data
* By using AJAX shows financial data of the selected item for specific year.
Some screenshots can be seen below
The customer’s financial details (using AJAX the details appear or not depending on the year the user chooses)
The form used for searching for customers
The connection to the database
Yesterday I was in the Thessaloniki Github Drinkup (it’s not the official name but whatever). Talked to a couple of people there (a really good friend of mine, and also, one of the best programmers I’ve ever worked with), and a crazy englishman that works for Github. And after all the talking and drinking I realized, that working for software companies in Greece, is nothing like working for software companies abroad. Suddenly I realized that all the great things you hear and read about the freedom for creativity a programmer has, are like E.T.: just fiction.